Wednesday, October 9, 2013

As iron sharpens iron...

Today my beautiful best friend left for Thailand.

That sentence holds a lot of emotions. 

I am so thankful for Toby. When I returned from England, I prayed and prayed for an encouraging Godly woman to call a close friend. She came in an unexpected form, of someone very different from me, but someone that God placed in my life just at the right time and used immensely to bless me. She has become my encourager, partner in adventure, a wonderful bridesmaid, and confidante. 

Today she embarked on a journey to the slums of Pattaya in Thailand. I can't imagine anyone more perfect to rise up to this opportunity, but hey, that's why God called her, right? I have the privilege of hearing about what God is doing there in her and through her, and praying for her during the journey.

Shortly after she returns in six months, she'll be embarking on another exciting journey. Next summer, she will be marrying an incredible man named Kerrigan. Kerrigan is another person who God put in my life very specifically, although at a much earlier time. There were countless times that God imparted wisdom in my life through Kerrigan, throughout high school and early adulthood. 

These two have been a blessing to me separately, and I can't even begin to imagine the value they'll add to His Kingdom as they do life and ministry together, faithfully serving Christ.

Thomas and I enjoyed shooting their engagement pictures last weekend, and here's the first of a beautiful set:

I love you guys and thank God for putting you in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Oops! A couple of buttons just popped off my shirt. Sorry, proud papa and excited future father-in-law. Thanks for sharing these thoughts, Erin. Praying that God uses Toby and excited to see what God will do in her life in Pattaya.

    ReplyDelete