Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April Showers

Well it's April. But no, it's not raining. In fact, it's cold enough for snow. Fortunately it's not snowing either. Anyway, like I said from the beginning, I'm not the greatest at this consistent blogging thing. But I do have a bit of an update.

I've been working as an office administrator for the past few weeks, and starting next week, they've asked me to go full time. That means I'm going from three days a week to four, but the ultimate goal is for me to move to five as the current administrator phases out. It's a good job, but has its stressful days. It's fast paced, and there's a total of five other people in the office, so one person's bad mood can really affect the atmosphere. I'm enjoying getting to know the others in the office, and surprisingly, I even enjoy my bus/train/another bus ride there.

Tom is in the midst of midterms right now, so he's next to me with books all spread out, studying away. He's also applied for a security job on campus. We've decided to stay in Chicago for the summer, so hopefully he can find a job to fund some summer courses. As an international student, he's only allowed to work on campus, but hopefully with the amount of students going home for the summer, some positions will open up.

As of today, I am the excited holder of a plane ticket to Portland! (And back, of course.) I had a trip that got canceled last year, so this flight credit has been waiting to be used. So, in two weeks, I am Portland bound to see my friend Karena. Portland is one of my most favorite places, and is up there on my "live here someday" list. Karena is pretty rad too. =] Unfortunately, Tom won't be able to join me on this trip, but after hearing me talk up the place so much, he's eager to visit sometime too.

That's all I have for now. I'm off to enjoy an Americano at Eva's, our favorite little coffee place in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment